Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Frosting

One morning, couple of weeks ago, the kids and I decided to take a drive around our area and soak up all of the beauty that belongs to winter alone. Sometimes we get so impatient for spring to arrive that we forget to appreciate the splendor of the cold months. I wanted the kids to see the hand of God at work around us. They wanted to know where we were going and I told them that we were just going to take a drive and see how beautiful the snow was and, as we were driving, Anna said "Look Mommy! The trees have frosting on them!" Yes, they do. Frosted by the hand of a loving God as a special winter-time treat for us.
"He sends the snow like white wool; he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes... Then, at his command, it all melts. He sends his winds, and the ice thaws." Psalm 147:16,18




As you can see, I had a little fun with photo editing! :)

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

These are breath-taking!! Thank you for reminding me not to get in such a hurry for winter!

Elle said...

Wow Deanna. Those are really good! I miss you guys. The kids are growing up, that is for sure. We homeschool, but just enrolled Naomi in the local public school for 2 hours a day. After many tests, they came back and told us she has autism (high functioning). Probably a good thing our adopting never went through. Things are just so crazy now. I can't really fathom having another one running around. Anyway, just thought I'd say hi! I haven't updated my pics in over a year!